Friday, July 8, 2011

A Year of Ian!!!



Our baby boy is a year old today! We can not believe that it has been a year since he wouldn't come and they had to induce me, he was two weeks late and they were getting a little worried because I was not dilating. So they induced me at 8pm on the 7 of July 2010. And at 6:36pm on the 8 of July 2010, he was here! This kid has his own personality.

He knows what he wants: On Tuesday, Ian and I went to the DI. I always let him pick out one stuffed animal that he wants. And this time he picked out the beanie baby "Millennium Bear" This bear was made in 1999 for the coming of the new millennium. I thought this bear was so ugly. It was purple with a "2000" logo on it that is just not very nice. I tried to give him a few other animals but he refused and held on tightly to that one. So I left it alone. The next thing I know he has found another Millennium bear. This one was smaller but looked identical to the other one he had in his hand. I ended up buying both of them because he knew exactly what he wanted and he was not going to let me persuade him to choose something else.

He gets mad if you have something electronic and he can not play with it: The TV remote, camera, cell phone, Nintendo controllers... If you are using them and he is not, he tends to throw a huge fit.

He eats everything and anything: I have yet to put a food in front of him that he will not eat. I have even caught him having an occasional snack of the cat food.

He LOVES animals: We have two cats, his babysitter has a cat and a dog, my grandparents have two dogs, my mother in law has three cats, my mom has four cats. Whenever he sees any of these animals (or any others for that matter), he is off trying to pet them, play with them, throw balls with them etc. He has actually learned very well how to be gentle (although sometimes he is still a little to rough). Our cats are wonderful with him. He throws the ball and they run after it and then he goes and gets the ball so that he can throw it to them again. (the game of fetch is lost on these cats).

He loves to play with other kids: Older or younger, he loves to play with them. He likes to watch the older kids and pick up pointers (some are good and some are bad). His favorite is to play with kids his own age. He does tend to be a toy hog some of the time but he is learning to share and its really cute when he and another kid, his age can play nicely together.

His Pops thinks he is the smartest kid ever: Sure I think my kid is smart too, but I am his mom. My dad (his Pops) thinks that Ian is soo smart. We talk a lot with Pops on Skype. A few months ago, we were talking and Ian wanted to stand up and play with the DVD player (one of his favorite pastimes). He was not tall enough to reach the DVD player so he used a toy that was a long key board type thing to stand on and it helped him reach the DVD player. Pops thought he was brilliant for being able to figure something like that out. Of course a second later, Ian fell and hit his head on the floor. Needless to say, he has not tried that again. Still, Pops thinks he is so smart.

This first year with Ian has been so pleasant and wonderful. He is a delightful addition to our little family and I can not wait to spend many more years with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment