Monday, April 16, 2012

Travels to Charleston Part 1

Our little family was able to take the opportunity to visit my dad in Charleston while he is doing a one year temporary Mark W. Clark chair position at the Citadel.  Charleston was beautiful and wonderful! I am really glad we got to spend an entire week there!
We were a little nervous about the plane ride with two children under two but we were able to get to South Carolina with very few hiccups.  We rented a van because my sister was joining us too and we were not able to fit everyone in my dad's sports car.  We arrived at midnight on Monday and my poor children were so tired.  But that did not mean that Ian wasn't going to test out the wood floors in the house my dad is renting.  It was on the Citadel's campus.  Citadel is one of the only University that has faculty housing on campus.  This house was pretty old and had 17 foot ceilings. It was really nice.
The next morning we went for a walk around the Citadel's campus.  The grounds were very beautiful and had a lot of military items on display.










No comments:

Post a Comment