Thursday, January 26, 2012

Contractions for 35 hours and all I have is this lousy 2.

** Warning** this post is pretty gross and if you do not care about my cervix or my dilation I would refrain from reading it











I have been having contractions (quite painfully) since yesterday morning at 5am.  They may have been painful and uncomfortable but they are not doing anything for me.  I went to the doctor this morning because he has wanted to check me out and get me started as soon as my body dilates at least to a two and becomes about 80 percent effaced.  Not there yet. And her head is still at -2 station which is no good either. So I opted to go home and try to make myself dilate more before he left work today.  No such luck there either because the contractions really have died down since about 2pm.  So it looks like she is not coming any time soon.
By the way the entire reason this even matters is because he really wanted to me to not have a baby as large as Ian and this one is already measure at least at 8lbs (he says he guesses more like 8.5 lbs).  He is really worried about her getting to be too large and having to take her in a c-section.
Wish me luck and think dilation!

No comments:

Post a Comment