Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Birth Story




July 7,2010


I had to be induced because I was two weeks late and Ian was just not coming... I got to the hospital at 8pm and they were so backed up with other women having babies that they didn't start me until closer to 10pm... All night I was in labor but I did not progress until the next morning...




July 8, 2010


I was told I could not get an epidural until I was 4cm dialated, sad thing was it took me forever to get to a 4cm and a 2cm and 3cm starting really hurting. When I got to a 4cm, they gave me an epidural, which slowed my contractions down, so they decided to break my water which also slowed down the contractions. They had to give me a dose of pitocin to start my contractions again. Once they did I went from a 5cm to a 10cm in about 45 minutes. Then I pushed for two and a half hours before Ian came into this world. I was so exhausted after the pushing, I could not believe he was finally here. It was one of the most awesome experiences of my life! Our wonderful little family is now three!!








No comments:

Post a Comment